Date: November 17, 2016
Location: Medicon Village, Scheelevägen 2, Lund
Every day, more than 900 people around the world die from pancreatic cancer. Only 6 percent of the patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer survive 5 years. According to a recent global survey, more than 60 percent of people know “almost nothing” about pancreatic cancer.
On November 17, 2016, Immunovia in collaboration with PALEMA – Cancer Patient Support Organization in Sweden and Pancreasnetværket in Denmark, organizes a day dedicated to support the pancreatic cancer patients and their families.
We invite all of you who would like to support the fight against pancreatic cancer and create awareness about this terrible disease.
Moderator: Annika Dopping, Swedish TV personality and facilitator
10.00 – 12.30 – About pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic cancer overview and how to improve survival rates
Pancreatologist presentation: Prof. Marco Del Chiaro; Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden
- Pancreatic cancer – from a patient perspective
Patient presentations: Carl Hamilton, PALEMA – Cancer Patient Support Organization, Sweden, Poul Ejby Rasmussen, Pancreasnetværket, Denmark
- Break the silence
Inga-Lill Lellky, Cancerkompisar, Lund
- Cancer and healthcare updates, what has worked to improve survival rates in other types of cancer so far?
- IMMray™ Biomarker signatures history and development
Prof Carl Borrebaeck, CREATE Health, Lund
- Early detection of pancreatic cancer with IMMray™ PanCan-d – Immunovia
- Clinical laserthermia treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer – CLS (Clinical Laserthermia Systems)
- A new way of treating pancreatic cancer – Cantargia
12.30 – 13.30 – Sponsored Lunch and “Walk together” for pancreatic cancer awareness
If possible – please show your support by wearing something purple on the day of the event.
World Pancreatic Cancer Day, Lund, Sweden is arranged by Immunovia in collaboration with PALEMA – Cancer Patient Support Organization, Sweden and Pancreasnetværket, Denmark as World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition members, as well as several other partners, such as; Cancerkompisar, Cantargia, Clinical Laserthermia Systems, CREATE Health and Medicon Village.